Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Lets talk Snow (Pt2 of 2)

I mentioned there were two things about the snow from last winter that I enjoyed.  The First being the depth of all the white stuff. The second thing about the heavy accumulation  was how much I forgot was under the snow.  Our yard was so beautiful with all that fluff, that it made me forget that I left the big ugly red oil container and the greasy dirty blue funnel that I use to change oil out along the stone wall near the strawberry patch. For two months they were lost to the snow cover....I couldn’t find it anywhere.....I was just warming up to the idea that one of the guys borrowed them and didn’t bring them back, you know the excuse, it really works if you want to blame shift. The deep snow also helped me forget how unsightly the Clematis looks when it is out of season, just a bunch of brown stringy runners and leaves...Hey can you remember how awful the Hostas’s can look when the frost finally knocks those huge leaves to the ground, thank you Mr. Snow man. I couldn’t remember where a really kool, handsomely painted Rooster that we put out in the flower bed among the white Alyssum was until the snow finally melted down and we found our kroner in a million colorful pieces.   When the snow finally did leave us I found a lot of things that were buried and ruined, from the weight of the snow. 
Winter snows can bury a lot of things in our yards and gardens and the snows of life can cover us with a blanket of struggles and sorrows as well. Sometimes we have seasons of struggles where the weight and harshness of life seem to overwhelm us. But if we can learn to trust God we will see that out of those troubles comes a special grace that will build our faith as beautifully as the purplish smiles of the crocuses patch welcomes us after the hard winter storms.
I want to close on this note found in 2 Cor. 12:9 it says that "My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me.  (NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment