Monday, November 22, 2010

Lets Talk Snow

Let’s Talk Snow (Pt#1 of 2)
Some people may think it is early but once you get up to or past Thanksgiving the possibility of snow becomes a very real factor to be considered in your daily planning. I know that I am in the minority when I say this, but I really enjoyed this past winter.  So many years we have had to endure the dreadful brown, soaked, worn out earth look from January to April.  Last winter it seemed everyday was filled with snow, shoveling and coming precipitation.  By the end of February I will admit I was tired and pretty set on the hopes of spring and at least a nine month break from the white stuff.  Still, the winter of twenty-ten went fast for me because there was so much to do and often so much to do in a short period of time.
Two things stand out about all of last year’s accumulation: First, the depth of the snow. Karen and I could watch the snow form a pristine white top-hat on our BBQ grill just outside the family room door.  It really was an historic winter for me.  I can’t remember a winter when the snow made so many visits and like an uncaring guest stayed so long....I will remember the depth of the 2010 winter forever.
I doubt any body wants a repeat of last year’s blizzard like conditions. But I must confess I would love to have it.
I always liked the deep snows even if they were a lot of work.  Oh yea a disclaimer may be due on the subject, “The author of this article only speaks for himself and in no way represents the opinion of this communication engine or the snow shoveling public. He does understand the road bound public wants the white stuff only for Christmas and he respects that view.”  
But the deep snow really gets me going.
It says about God in Rom 8:38-39,
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  What a promise that scripture is to be to all of us.  Nothing can separate a Child of God from His love. On top of that there will never be a time when those who don’t know or even care to know the Lord will not be able to reach out to him for his love if they so chose.  That is a guaranteed provision necessary for all of us, ‘the love of our God.’
Now that is deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment