Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The End of the World.....LOL

I knew right away that the world wasn't coming to an end Saturday at 6PM. Even if the Pope and President and all the major denominational leaders of the world said so.  I'm not using doctrinal or even theological data to base my opinions on, but I do have sound reasoning.  I mean if a man wants to predict when the world is coming to an end and splash it all over the media, then I think the least we can do before we all disappear is to state our opinion on the matter...you know, put what we think out on the table.  I mean why not be as bold in my opinion as he was in his. On top of that, I think my reason for the world not coming to an end on Saturday at 6pm is stronger than that guy's own reason for the world to come to an end. Ok, thats enough of that.
My reason....first and only, and with this I lay my whole rebuttal and all my integrity as a Pastor on this one sole reason.  Its my granny.  Yeah my Granny! She provided me with the reason. You say, "Pastor your granny is gone". I know she is but she left me with some great sound and infallible reasonings.  My Granny always taught me (and she was adamant about it) that after you're done eating, you are to rest and allow your dinner to settle. She would never let us kids cut grass, weed the garden, paint or do a lot of hard or even moderate work right after we ate.  We were to rest and allow our food to settle.  Sure enough, when I heard the prediction of 6pm I knew right there it wasn't happening because from 4 oclock to 6 pm it's the dinner hour.  God isn't going to do some major heavy duty work right after we eat. Right after dinner....is not practical. He would be setting a very bad example. True, it would be a precedent, but God is more predictable than He is precedent setting when it comes to His teaching us.
You might say, 'hey bucko, you're really reaching". I don't think so. Take for example when the Lord gave manna to his children out in the desert...they didn't go to battle or build the tabernacle, or cross the sea right after dinner. No they had a nice peaceful evening enjoying the miracle that they would experience for 40 years till they crossed over the Jordan and camped at Gilgal with Joshua. Jesus fed 5,000 people and again 4,000 people and not once did they go for a big evening event.  He fed them all - every one of them and that was that.  There was no big sha-bang after the meal.
 Look at the big dinner event after Jesus resurrection, Peter and the guys go fishing, they catch nothing and they are hungry. He tells them to have something to eat. Right after they bust a gut pulling in a record 153 fish catch, He feeds them. The LORD doesn't say to them, "I'm going to destroy the world, Jerusalem or at least beat up Herod coz he hurt my feelings - go get your swords. Nope nothing comes of it, nothing, coz Jesus is enjoying his meal too.
Who wants to do something hard right after dinner? I don't! What about you?  I think God might feel the same way to.  Even at the Last Supper when Jesus knew He was about to be crucified, He didn't get all fired up after the dinner hour....no way, in fact where do we find him after dinner? In the garden praying. 
You don't get all fired up after dinner, it's a time to rest and reflect and rub your belly and say "thanks God for today's sustenance".  That guy should have read his Bible!!  Or have talked to his granny. He would have know better.
 Even in the Old Testament, Gideon was found hiding in the threshing floor trying to whittle out a dinner...God finds him there and He tells him what he wants him to do...but he doesn't say.... now
buddy...get going....get a wiggle on it....and he doesn't say right after your done eating, no sir, thats not how God works. When you have a full stomach that is not the time to do hard work!
Come on people....try tying your shoes right after dinner.  When do you loosen your belt the most...right after dinner...?when do you watch the evening news....you got it, right after dinner...when do you feel slumber or a nap coming on?  Yeah...right after dinner!!!!! When is your dogs hair around his face the dirtiest?....Yep. Do you clean old faithful fiddo up at that point?  Of course not...you sit down and let your meal settle, then fiddo goes over in his corner. All you can hear him do for the next hour is lick his face till it's clean. 
 Ever see one of those pictures of a big lion in Africa, holding his head up in a statley fashion? His eyes are bright and his mane is flowing in the African breeze. He is peacful and at rest... Well look under his paw...what do you see...a big juicy carcass...that big smile he is wearing is right after dinner? the only time a lion smiles is right after dinner.

Well that's my reasoning...my Granny learned me right, and I know she was right cause we're still here.  Oh yeah...and when will the end of the world come? In the context of my article, I think the end of the world is going to come when God is really fed up with all that is going on down here and He's hungry...not only can he hear all these people belly aching but his belly is aching.....and that may NOT be very long off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment