Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Vaccum Cleaner

I got home from doing some chores and Karen said the vaccum cleaner was not working. Now if you know Karen she isn't crippled or mostly feeling uninclined when it come to fixin things.  she will give it the once over then the, going over then the parts catalog, say a prayer, then a more meaningful prayer, then she will say a desperate prayer then start rebuking the devil for trying to steal our money by breaking our stuff, then when she has gone through all the binding and loosing she will just plain get on the Lords back and tell him to get it working.  But today the prayer loosed not mechanical motion, the Lord wasn't in it and the vac lay still on the floor motionless.  Karen said there is something wrong with the cleaner.  I don't know what it is it was fine the other day.  So I pugged the lifeless dirt sucker in.  I hit the button and it went on then off.  I checked the plug and hit the button and it went on and off again. I hit the button and took some of its parts apart and then hit the button but there was no life in our vac.  We tallked about how many years we had the cleaner and what a job it had done for us.  I hit the button thinking the compliment would surely draw a performing response...nothing!  We sat there for a minute and I took the bag out.... again, I took the filter off....again, then I turned it upside down and spun the thing that goes around under there and it was free as the wind...the wire was not loose and the plug was still in and there lay are lifeless hoover.....Tornadoless and ruined.  Karen said I shook it and I got it to work, so I gave it a little shake nothing. Livi didn't think I did it right so she came over and showed me how she did it and we gave it a real hard shake...and on came the Hoover like it was Jesus coming out of the Tomb... I turned it off and then I came back and turned it on and it fired right up.  Karen turned it on and on it went sucking dirt and crumbs from off the floor.  We turned it off and came up stairs and then we snuck down stairs and snuck up on the cleaner and I hit the on button and....Wa la.... it came back on again and it is still working since we gave it that great big shake.
Sometimes life and church is like that...We work better after we have been given a good shaken.
The Vac was dead.  We were ready to send it to the big junk yard in the sky.
Sometimes things just need a good shaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment