Thursday, September 9, 2010

NO PARKING!!

Today's blog is the story of one man's patience-shattering experiences in finding a parking place. It was so bad it was almost comical.

The first time, I headed into Irwin to an appointment (well, yes, I was running late) but to my delight there was a parking place just near - so very near- to where I needed to go.  I pulled up to position myself to park, and what to my disgusted wondering eyes did I see, but a big bright red cone staring at me! Head down, hands firmly grasping the wheel (well more like wanting to rip the wheel off the car) I moved on, finally ending up 4.25678 million miles away...honest!!

Later in the day, I was doing some work and thought I would stop by and say "hello" to someone. I pulled in only to see an "Insurance Agency Customer Parking Only" sign. If that isn't enough, the sign told me that if I dare park there and can't prove that I'm a customer in good standing, they will tow my car away and I will have to pay the costs...I swear I'll never buy their insurance! They have no compassion for a poor guy trying to drop his anchor so he can visit someone.

It only got worse from there. Karen asked me to pick up something at Target, so up the rows I head, looking for a close parking place. I spot one just ahead, but there was a car in front of me and I figured he would take it. He doesn't!! I'm thinking this is my lucky day and I pull happily in - only to see a "Parking for Expectant Mothers" sign. Now I'm looking in the Jeep for a volleyball. None to be found! I have to pull out...and just where do I end up?? Down at Eat'n'Park!!  Well, now that I'm here, I'll grab a cup of Joe and a piece of pie, read some stuff and head home. I turn the corner and head for a nice little space left just for me. Life is good. I get the truck nicely stuffed between the lines, check the position of the car, hit the key, get out, press auto lock, put my keys in my pocket and look over only to see a "Take Out Customers Only" sign sternly and faithfully guarding the site.

?Have you ever thought of how much asphalt there is in North Huntingdon (or wherever you call home) that we are not allowed to park our tired, road-weary Goodyears on?  Go to the Hospital and it says, "Emergency Vehicle Only". Stop at the township office and it says, "Commish Pal Move It". One spot in town, this kills me... someone with a nasty streak in them put a sign up that says, "No Parking between 8 and 5PM". That's so cruel. Why would I ever need that spot other than those hours?? I think they should be sho...never mind!

I even stopped at my own loving, caring nutritionist's office to pick up the vitamins that keep my little engine going, and when I pull in next to the door, what do I see but a "No Parking Bio Waste Pick Up" sign...GEEZ!~!

Hey, all kidding aside, there really are a lot of places that for courtesy, practicality, or good reason, we can't park. It is the same way in our Christian life.  Think over your upcoming day...maybe there are some places you DON'T NEED to stop by and park in. If you're moving into the space of jealousy, anger, bitterness, impatience, sneaky, spite, etc...back out and don't park there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment